Home Page Plainville Saddle Club  
Follow us on Facebook

About the Club


Subscribe to E-news
Calendar of Events
Fun Days
About the Club
Thank You! Sponsors
We are pleased to continue to breathe life into the tradition the founders of this club began in 1949. The 2012 rodeo marks twelve years since the revival of the Plainville Rodeo.

Formed in the Harold Boller garage on June 21, 1949, the Paradise Flats Horse Club consisted of 14 members. Three days later there were 75 members of the club. Officers elected were: Harold Boller, President, R.O. Burson, Vice President, Mrs. Harold Boller, Secretary; Robert Carmicheal, Treasurer. Directors were George Stalnaker, Harry Workman, and Bill Bolt.

Archive rodeo programs offer information regarding early rodeos: The First Annual Rodeo was held August 27-28, 1949 east of Plainville on the George Stalnaker farm, as was the 1950 rodeo. Flatback cattle were used and most of them were donated by J.O. Bice, Cliff McComb and Bud McComb of Stockton, Dwight Timbers of Glen Elder, and Connie Robinson of Selden. This livestock was driven in from the McComb ranches and the J.O. Bice farm.

Over sixty years since the club's organization, Charter Member Robert Carmicheal continues to serve as a member. We extend our gratitude and appreciation to the members who are no longer with us, for their longevity and commitment to this organization.


Double B Tank Service
Leo's Liquor
Stahl Products
Wallace Energy
Liberty Ranch
Liberty Buildings, LLC.
Champion Technologies
Tom's Machine
American Tank Service
Plainville Short Stop
Rocking R
Angus Ranch
Mr. K's Foodtown
Steve's Electric & Roustabout
Farm Implement & Supply